TheWaterbug
Greener Thumb

Nice source for pots in Los Angeles!

I drive by this place all the time on the freeway, but I'd never stopped by until yesterday:

It's an acre of warehouse plus another acre of open area, just stacked with pots and pots and pots and pots.

It's imaginatively named Pottery Manufacturing & Distribution, right at the intersection of the 110 and 405 freeways. They do have a website, but it doesn't do a great job of showing the breadth of their product line. I just walked around for 45 minutes in awe of the selection.

I'm looking for something decorative for a whole bunch of pineapple plants (someday :D), and they had stuff like this:

I didn't compare pricing directly, but they seemed to be slightly less than Home Depot and/or Armstrong. But their real strength is selection; I'd venture to say that, if these guys don't have it, it doesn't exist.

I don't need the big pots right now, so I just bought a bunch of these cute little 2.5" guys for $0.50 apiece for germinating seeds. I don't remember the exact price, but these 7 pots and the saucer were $5.10, total:

Anyway, I thought this was a wonderful find, and thought I'd share :D

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Pretty cool. Sometimes I am around that area. For large pots it gets pricey so maybe they will have better deals. Also will be cool to check them out just for the decorative selection too.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”