RainyDayWashington
Newly Registered

HELP! My star fruit tree is dying!

Hello all,

I recently purchased a 1.5 year old star fruit online from Florida. He came about five days ago a little beat up with some bug bites, and a little wilted. I made sure to water him a bit and I even got him a light because of the lack of sunlight here. Now, he doesn't seem to be doing so well. His leaves are yellowing and wilting, falling off. I re-potted him today in a larger pot with "Green thumb Premium potting soil". I am worried that he is dying. Please help!

Has anyone had a similar issue? Does anyone know what's wrong and has some advice?

Thanks,

RainyDayWashington

Happy Days

Hi -- How long have you had the plant? Star fruit likes lots of light, lots of water and high humidity.

RainyDayWashington
Newly Registered

For about a week week and a half. I keep it along with my other two plants under a special light. I read elsewhere to keep watering to a minimum to prevent root rot. But I will take your advice instead. About how much water do you think I should give him?

Thank you for your reply!

- RainyDayWashington

applestar
Mod

Wow from Florida? Did you use express shipping? How long between shipped out and delivered? Was it marked to be kept in heated cargo hold?

Not always a good idea to repot any plants especially trees when they are failing... It's actually better to see that it has settled in and acclimated to the new location first and even showing signs of growth. But that's moot point now.

Did it steadily decline?

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”