LiddleBuddha
Cool Member

Peace Lily - Fungus Problem???

Hello Everyone,

Two days ago I purchased a small Peace Lily plant for my girlfriend.

Once I got home I noticed that a couple of the white flowers have some little black spots on them. :? :roll: :( The leaves are a rich green and seem healthy (no spots, etc. :) )

I am wondering if this could be fungus on the flowers, or if it something that naturally happens as the flowers fade?

Is this something I should be concerned about and begin taking measures to remedy, (for the sake of the Peace Lily and all of our other plants!)??

Thanks very much for any advice! :D

Best Regards,
- LB

BeautyIX
Newly Registered

black spots or Brown spots? Spaths do typical get some brownish spots on the flowers at the end of their cycle. If the Foilage is looking rich and green with no bite marks or spots I wouldn't be to concerned. However it is always a good idea when you bring a new plant into your plant rich enviroment that you keep it aside away from your other plants just incase. Most plant retailers are not really good at keeping away pests and disease.

LiddleBuddha
Cool Member

Hey BeautyIX,
BeautyIX wrote:black spots or Brown spots? Spaths do typical get some brownish spots on the flowers at the end of their cycle. If the Foilage is looking rich and green with no bite marks or spots I wouldn't be to concerned. However it is always a good idea when you bring a new plant into your plant rich enviroment that you keep it aside away from your other plants just incase. Most plant retailers are not really good at keeping away pests and disease.
Thanks for this info! Fortunately there's no bite marks or spots. I've been keeping a close eye on the plant and it seems to be doing better.

I had removed the flowers I mentioned and I repotted it. I gave it a good shower and placed in a better spot away from other plants. It seems much happier so I'm going to just keep my fingers crossed.

I've definitely noticed that some retailers do a pretty horrible job at taking care of their plants. It's unfortunate. I've seen plenty that I would consider unfit for sale.

Anyway, thanks again for your reply. Much appreciated!

Best Regards,
- LiddleBuddha

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”