MiracleGrowAbuser
Newly Registered

Fertilizer Burn: Plant Doctor Help!

I bought a 4-pack of Miracle Grow bottles without reading the directions in the store. When I got home, I realized the bottle was supposed to attach to a water hose. The bottle was supposed to feed 900 square feet in 15 minutes. There were no alternate recipes for mixing. Of course I do not have a lawn or flower bed. I have 2 balconies located on the 3rd floor with several containers with perennials that were starting to look really beautiful. I added 2 ounces of the liquid Miracle Grow into a squirt bottle and filled the rest of the 8 ounce bottle with water. Then I misted all my plants: the leaves, blooms, and soil. It was too concentrated and now my plants look terrible with brown edged leaves. I read on the internet that you should mix 1 tablespoon with a gallon of water. I wish I had read this first! Well now it's too late the damage is done. Is there anything I can do to help these plants recover? Also we had a really hot day around 98 degrees. Today I overwatered hoping to flush some of the chemicals away or dilute. I will appreciate any tips you can give me! Thanks!

Spyderco1116

Get them out of the sun for 24 hours. The sun will just burn them more combined with the fertilizer. Hopefully someone else can add to this. Sorry I couldn't be more help. And... let this be a lesson to everyone... READ READ READ!!!! Hope all goes well for you!!

MiracleGrowAbuser
Newly Registered

Thank you!!!

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”