Broberts89
Newly Registered

Help I have black leaves on my peppers. Colorado springs

My peppers are growing in 3 gallon plastic buckets with drainage holes and gravel drip trays. I have a jalapeño, Anaheim, Kung pow and habenero. The leaves on my jalapeño and Anaheim are beginning to turn black on the top side of the leaf. It's not bacterial spotting I think? It is a uniform color and pattern that started in the center of the leaf, it's almost like a burn! Only the mature leaves are being affected. Soil is very fertile and watered regularly, and the containers are located on a west facing balcony that receives about 10 hours of full/ shaded sun. I fertilize regularly with half strength organic fertilizer, no signs of pests either. What could be the problem? My habeneros and king pow are not affected either. Please help I can't seem to figure it out. The leaves are not yellowing they are just slowly turning black starting along the center vein? I can post pics for a better diagnosis. Thank you for your help

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Welcome! It might be a fungal disease, or something spread by insects that are only active at night. It would help greatly if you would provide a pic. :)

[url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724]Posting Pictures & Photos[/url]

m00s3

I hope your all safe out there in CO

Broberts89
Newly Registered

Thanx for the tip. It's been crazy out here recently with the wildfire so close to my house, I had to evacuate from work on teusday so I haven't had the chance to check back here much. I can't figure out how to post a picture though. But I trimmed off the affected leaves and it doesn't seem to have spread anymore. I did notice aphids on the jalapeño and guessed that they might have been the cause of some kind of infection. I used insecticide soap to get rid of the aphids and its been so hot here I think I got rid of them. The problem seems to have been fixed. Unfortunately this heat has caused some of my blossoms to drop off but I just need to keep them well watered

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”