callamisfit

yellow leaves

I am new to container gardening so kinda learning as I go I have annuals in clay pots my petunias seem to b doing well but some of my pansies r getting yellow leaves and some brown dead ones. am I over watering been real dry here and my impatients arent looking to hot either flowers real droopy and dying . hydrangea leaves are brown an crispy. any and all help would b appreciated thanks

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

callamisfit wrote:I am new to container gardening so kinda learning as I go I have annuals in clay pots my petunias seem to b doing well but some of my pansies r getting yellow leaves and some brown dead ones. am I over watering been real dry here and my impatients arent looking to hot either flowers real droopy and dying . hydrangea leaves are brown an crispy. any and all help would b appreciated thanks
Has it been hot where you are? Pansies are cool weather plants. Mine generally just give up the ghost once it gets hot.

If it's been hot, droopy impatiens may not be over watering. How much sun do they get? Impatiens are shade plants that really do best with no direct sun or only a little bit of morning sun. If they are getting more than that, that's why they are dying. More water would help them tolerate it better, but moving them to a shadier location would be best.

Hydrangea is similar. It likes more sun than impatiens, but does NOT like hot afternoon sun. My oakleaf hydrangea is planted in the shade of a big old tree and gets no direct sun and it is doing well.

callamisfit

ya it has been quite warm and have had flowers in morning sun afternoon shade I don't think I have watered my hydrangea enough have been researching on it an think that may b the problemwill have to c thank u for ur help just set up a composter barrel today also gonna give that a try

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”