callamisfit

have idea for planter box

I have a bunch of barn boards and a few window frames am thinking of making a planter box, am wanting to transplant my dwarf celosia vinca vines and also have sweet potato vine that are all in separate pots the first two are beginning to out grow their pots are they able to b grown together and what should I use for potting soil am new to container gardening but I have fallen in love any suggestions would b greatly appreciated thanks

callamisfit

got the box made now I just have to get it outside and fill it keeping my fingerscrossed that this will work didnt put a bottom in it am going to set it in my rock garden if there is room will post pictures when done

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

what should I use for potting soil

You didn't say how big this planter box is. Makes a difference re the soil. If it is very large, it is closer to growing in a raised bed. If it is small, it is closer to growing in containers.

For raised beds, I use topsoil enriched with compost and other organic amendments and a little bit of potting soil to lighten it. For containers I use just potting soil.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”