NorthEastFloridaPlanter

It seems like my upside down tomatoes are bunching together.

I have 2 upside down cherry tomatoes planted. One is planted in a Topsy-Turvy planter, the other in a cat litter bucket with a hole cut in the bottom.

Both of the plants seem like they are bunching together too much and I'm not getting any tomatoes.

I've had them out for at least a month. I have a few yellow flowers on the plants.

What am I doing wrong? Am I too impatient? Will my tomatoes eventually come in?

(I will post pictures as soon as my daughter helps me with the camera.)

Thanks!

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I have no advice, since I've never grown them that way. You might try using our Search the Forum function. In the past, there has been a lot of discussion on the forum of that method of growing. :)

Unikorn

I have a cherry tomato plant currently in a topsy-turvey. It has only given two tomatoes so far. I had to trim a bunch of leaves down because it looked like they had a fungus. Its recommended that you trim 8-10" worth of foliage away from the pot opening on the stem to reduce the chance of some soil- borne diseases. Are you adding fertilizers? I use an organic pelleted variety specifically for tomato plants. Also, the topsy turvy tends to try out frequently in hot weather. It did take some time for the flowers to form then bloom, then give way to the tomatoes that came out of them.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”