garudamon11

Brown veins on strawberry leaves

Hey there

I have three small strawberry plants sticked together in a small pot, the potting soil I'm using for them is still new (I replaced their old soil 2 monthes ago) and I've given them a small amount of That Famous Blue Fertilizer (is there no name for it?) and also 1/4 teaspoon of epsom salt (magnesium sulfate); my plants get sun for more than 6 hours a day, they get morning sun through my room's window and when I come back from school I put the pot in the balcony which gets direct sun from 2:30 until the sun sets so I think they get more than enough light, I also make sure to rotate the pot so that all leaves get their need of sunlight.

Now the problem is, I've noticed that brown vein-looking things have appeared on my strawberry leaves, heres a close-up look of it:

[img]https://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8585/pic0795v.jpg[/img]

On a first look it almost seems like some dust stuck on the leaf and will be washed off by some water, but it isnt, I don't know what it is but I tried to make an intelligent guess, I think that this brown thing might be undigested carbohydrates because of lack of enzymes caused by lack of zinc or manganese, but this is just a random guess by a 16 year old student... so, does anyone have any idea what this might be? I don't think its a disease because the plants look and feel healthy.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”