jrmtl

Orchid just wilted ...can I revive it ?

Hello all,

Happy new year 2012 !

I just bought this orchid a couple of months back and this week it just slowly started wilting and leaves drooped ? I am sure it's not over-watered , can it be too cold in my room as it around 19-20 C.

Any ideas to revive or is it dying ?

[img]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7175/6654636761_a48a43dc2a.jpg[/img]

applestar
Mod

If you are sure you're watering correctly (not underwatered either? -- they need a bit more water to keep the blossoms on), lack of humidity since the heat turned on could be the problem.

Did the plant come with the flowers/flower stalk? I think a couple of months is about when the flowers start to wilt and drop but usually it happens one by one in my house in order in which they opened. On the other hand, if they were already in bloom when you bought it, they may have opened more or less at the same time in the greenhouse?

...hmmm, then again, you said the leaves started to drop as well?

Still seems like watering issue-- maybe more details on how you are caring for it would help. As I started to say, the indoor plant care regimen needs to be adjusted as the heat dries up the humidity in the living area. In my house, as the winter gets colder and the heat comes or more frequently until it's constant, the humidity drops significantly. This also causes the soil to dry out faster and plants that are not in winter rest needs to be watered more frequently.

jrmtl

Actually I bought the plant with blooms a couple of months back and therefore it probably explains why they fell off now.

How do I cut it down now for a rebloom ?

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”