newbyplantlover
Cool Member

Hoya kerri stem dying

Hello--

I hope container gardening is the place to ask this question (as there is not a forum dedicated to houseplants). I have a Hoya Kerri, non-variegated variety, which I bought a few months ago. One of the stems was pushing put new growth and seemed to be doing quite well. When I came home today I noticed that the growing end is withering and dying. I am heartbroken and stumped. Heartbroken because it's obvious from the other stems that once a stem is stopped in some way, it will not continue growing. The plant has to push out a new stem from the base. This was the longest tendril and the only one that was still growing. So I am heartbroken. Stumped because I am genuinely at a loss as to why. Does anyone have experience with this plant that might be able to tell me? Thanks in advance. (Sorry- no pictures. I'm on an iPad, and there's no way to upload pics to here.)

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

What kind of soil is it planted in? What size is the container? How much and type of light? How do you water it? If you can provide that addditional information, it will help you get the best advice in response. :)

Although I don't have an iPad, I do use a MacBook Pro, an iMac, and an iPhone. No one can upload pics here directly from their computers, because this site doesn't host pics. They first have to be uploaded to an online image host, such as photobucket.com. There, you can copy the [IMG] code, paste it into your post here, and your pic should show up without problem. (I'm not sure, but I think applestar, another of the mods, uses an iPad and manages to post pics. Maybe I'm mistaken, though.)

As I mentioned, I don't have an iPad, but I can post pics here using my iPhone. Check out this thread by our Webmaster: [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23]Helpful Gardener's Tips & Suggestions for New Members[/url]

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”