IanHulett
Newly Registered

Ponytail Palm Disease?

Hi. My name is Ian Hulett. I own 1 Ravinea Rivularis, 1 Beaucarnea recurvata, 1 Cycas Revoluta, 1 Yucca, 1 Chamaedorea elegans and a whole ton of other plants. I have noticed that my Beaucarnea Recurvata is losing fronds. At first, I thought it was my grabby cousin pulling the leaves out of the palm. But then, this morning, I found 2 more leaves that appeared "Pulled Out." My mother thinks that it's shedding it's leaves for winter. I don't think so. The leaves would turn a different color, turn brown and THEN fall out. But no! They're "perfectly healthy" looking leaves. 80% green but turning white at the base (Like a color gradient in flash going from green to white). Just like the rest of my palms. So, they look healthy but the leaves are falling out with no problem. I just went over to the palm to gently tug on the leaves. Most of them I tugged on didn't come out. But I tugged on this one leaf at the same force as the others and it came right out without a fight. Is there a disease going on with my plant? I would like to know. I don't think this is normal. So, any help is appreciated.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”