LuckyAir
Newly Registered

Air Plants

I am new to growing air plants, and I was looking for some cool displays ( I don't like the glued on grape wood look ) has anyone ever seen them?

I have never used Etsy before. Are they reliable? I would imagine they are just like ebay.

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

:?: Don't know anything about them, but they are very interesting. I have to agree some set-ups are sort of same old, same old :!: I wonder if they ship the containers to canada :idea: Doesn't look like they ship to canada, probably because of the plant part. I am going to contact them, about the containers only, when I get my main computer fixed, it's down right now. Thankfully hubby has a laptop Thanks for the link 8)

Will Creed
Newly Registered

The plants used in the site you provided a link to are a type of Bromeliad called Tillandsia. In nature they are epiphytes, meaning they grow in crotches of tree limbs not in the ground. They can live a long time with little water, but they do best in high humidity and/or fairly regular spraying or dunking in plain water.

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

:idea: Will Creed, I don't think they will ship to canada, so after what you said in your post, I think I will go to good old Wal-Mart and look at their glass vases. They have some pretty nice glass vases in there. Lots of different shapes too. I think I will be able to find one, that should be easy to keep humidity in, with spraying or dunking. Garage sales used, to have more glass vases like that, but I think people have wised up to putting plants in them. :( Because I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. But I always keep looking. :wink: Garage sales are fun. :)

froggy

Etsy has members in Canada too ;) - I know because I used to sell stuff that way. So maybe you can find someone local who does a similar display...
But it could be eBay or a local flower shop too...

After I read up on air plant care, especially where it suggested regular dunking and fertilizing, I just kind of shrug at those wood displays... Not practical... I understand they will survive a good long time on mediocre care, so I guess that's how most people keep them on shelves etc...

Kinda Like orchids are the present day long lasting flower arrangement...

Just IMO...

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”