Willoways2
Newly Registered

EarthBox Pepper seedling plants

sorry I can't give anyone pictures right now.

fyi this is the first year of growing peppers, and watermelons with the EarthBox, second year for tomato.

so I have currently 6 earth box's 2 in use is of right now, going to add another in the next week. I have 1 with 2 tomato plans placed in the middle of the raised mounds. and one with six peppers, last will be for e to watermelons.

the peppers seemed to be having a couple of issues. one I think the largest plant in the pepper box may have crown rot. anyone know about this, and do I have to remove/kill the plant? from the research I did it is a black marking one the stem where the branch's split and flowers grow.

2nd is 2 'California wonderful' bell peppers on one end are small, and little root balling when they were transplanted in to the box. one seems very close to dead, and from what I think I read it could be from the soil being to packed. the plant has lost most of its leaves, and the those areas seemed soft, limp, and almost stressed perhaps. if so how do I fix it, save the plant?

3rd is my habanero pepper in the middle across from the , has brown to tan dots and various parts of the leaves. Is this a sign of over watering or fertilizing? I am asking cause I also noticed some of the leaves having dry edges, like dry tinder.

any help would be most appreciated. thanks

also what light grows best? this is for when I use the pots for a winter indoor veggie gardens?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Some pictures would help a lot here! Instructions for posting them are in Helpful Tips and Suggestions for New Members in the introductory section at the top.

What makes you think the one has crown rot (which I have never seen)? If the stem is purple or black, especially around the joints, that is normal. Here's a thread we had about it with a picture:

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=46726#46726

The one with soft limp leaves sounds like a goner, I doubt it can be saved. But it sounds like it wasn't in good shape to start with, if it didn't have much roots when you put it in the box.

Willoways2
Newly Registered

its not that I don't know how to post pic's in bbcode its I don't have a camera to do it with.

Also the pepper plant looks like the pic [url=https://www.gardenguides.com/69666-green-pepper-plant-diseases.html]here[/url]. this is described the same way as both the pic and and my plant.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”