winniway

2 tomatoes in pots, one looks like it is in trouble?

I've got 2 tomato plants in big pots, they've gotten big and were looking great, and all of a sudden one of them looks dried out, even though we are watering it. they are in the same area and get treated the same (although they are different types). the one with the problem I noticed is in a more shallow container than the other - do you think this could be the problem? That the pot wasn't deep enough? Even though it is big should I try to replant it in my vegetable garden to save it? Or because it is in a container and nutrients get washed out should I give it some Ironite? It does not look like any disease, but like it is just withering. Any ideas? :idea:

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Too much fertilizer will cause that because it stops the plant from getting water. Also a dry mix of too much peat will dry out and the water will run right through. My suggesion is put the pot in a closed container that holds water and feed it water from the bottom with about 2 inches of water in the bottom container all the time till it looks better!. I would also take it out of direct sun to a shady area or partly shady!

winniway

thanks for the idea, I'm going to try it! :)

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”