Canadian Farmer Guy

Free Pots!

Hello everyone!

Yesterday me and my Dad went to some garage sales.

The first place we went to had a stack of nice plastic pots set out.
I couldn't find a price tag, so I asked the homeowner what she wanted for them.
She said "One dollar."

Now I would have gladly paid a dollar, but I'm very thrifty, so I negotiated.

I told her "Tell you what, I'll carry these back to my truck myself, and you'll have them off your lane-way"
And she agreed! :D
I figure I got $15 to $25 worth of free pots.

I love garage sale season!

CFG

froggy

Lol, I was at a church sale and bought 2 aloe plants for $1, they were actually begging me to take a whole tray, all for just $1... If I'd had room maybe...

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

:D Aren't things like this fun!!!--------- I was checking our local kijiji ads about a week or a little more ago, and came up with the greatest grow shelf, for starting seeds or other plants for regular use. Has 5 shelves, holds 2 trays on each shelf, end to end, with all the flourescent light fixtures in excellent condition, plus chains to raise and lower the lights, plus wheels on it for easy moving, for $30.00!!! :) I was thrilled! Not only that, but they lived a long way from us, so we met part way and picked it up MUCH closer to home. Which means a lot right now, with the price of gas the way it is. So super Score!!!! :wink: I'm a Happy Person!!

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

:D My son asked me if I had any spider plants, I only have a small one I'm growing, so couldn't help him.

But today, we went past a church garage sale, and they had 2 in there, for $1.50 for both. So now, I will be able to give him his own plants. Made me Happy!! :)

I definately have, to get to more garage sales this "summer" if you can call it that? There's lots of goodies there, if you think outside the box so to speak.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”