RawrMyRose
Newly Registered

Normal Catnip Sprout Coloring

Well when I was watering my herbs I noticed my catnip sprouts where greenish brown. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the normal color of sprouts are. Thank you for any help

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Here are some pictures of catnip seedlings (Nepeta cataria). Does this help?

[img]https://wintersown.org/wseo1/Emerging_Perennials_N/IMAG001A.JPG[/img]

[img]https://solanaseeds.netfirms.com/cataire1.jpg[/img]
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams

RawrMyRose
Newly Registered

Kisal wrote:Here are some pictures of catnip seedlings (Nepeta cataria). Does this help?
Thank you for trying but it doesn't help. I'm talking about sprouts not the full grown plant.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Those are pictures of seedlings. Do you mean something else by "sprouts"? Are you asking about sprouted seeds, instead of young plants? Maybe something similar to alfalfa sprouts, that you plan to eat? :?
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams

RawrMyRose
Newly Registered

freshly sprouted as they've just popped up from the soil.

mtmickey

Here is what my catnip looks like right now. Took this pic just a few days ago.

applestar
Mod

Maybe this will be easier if RawrMyRose posted photos of the sprouted catnip.... Could you?

I have to admit I usually only notice them after they take on their blueish fuzzy coloring, but I just have them growig outside. My typical reaction is "Oh! That looks like catnip, I guess I'll let it stay/need to transplant it when it's a little bit bigger.". :wink:

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”