stargazergirl007
Newly Registered

STARGAZER LILY HELP for a newbie!

Hi...

I have never gardened before. My Mum loved and it was a total green thumb. I just love the products - the flowers. :) But I would like to try and do it myself instead of just buying new flowers when mine die.
I bought a HARDY ORIENTAL LILY potted and fully in bloom yesterday. I know planting it is the best idea, but for a while I would love to just have it indoors so enjoy it. How long can I do this before I put it in danger? Also any tips on watering it?

Thanks for any and all help.

thebigtomato

hello stargazergirl007,

absolutely, you can keep that beautiful lily indoors a long time. just make sure it gets plenty of natural sunlight, artificial light will do as long as it is sufficient, a combination of the two is best for indoors. also, because it is in a container, you will have to transplant your lily to a larger container every year or two depending on how much it grew.(the best time to do this is Spring) as for watering, do so only when needed, you want the soil moist but not wet. when your lily is producing flowers, feed it a bloom fertilizer to support that. hope that helps.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”