Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

White brick raised bed for peppers!

I have about 20 solid white brick that look like ceramic. I am going to make a small square foot or rather 8 inch square bed just for my peppers. This will be interesting . I will line up the the brick in a row about 8 inches appart and plant the peppers every 8 to 10 inches appart. The brick will be laying flat so the full surface reflecs light and adds heat to the area!The reflected light and extra heat should make the peppers grow fast! I guess you could paint brick white! These brick are very heavy about twice the weight of a regular brick!
+++My dad use to put lime on the surface of the garden or around the base of trees near the garden. I am wondering if the white did help the plants grow since his garden was always so nice and healthy!

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Not to confuse anyone but the brick will be layed in two rows 8 to 10 inches appart. The inside area of the bricks will be filled wih my strained garden soil to the top of the brick which are layed flat!. I think this would be considered a narror raised bed! I will make it as long as I have brick which should be about 15 feet!. I will try mostly peppers for the light reflection!. I guess white plastic will also work but has a dryer effect on the soil! Any suggestions?

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”