ForeverCharmed

Dorm growing update

Its been a little over a week since I started my seeds and things are going pretty well.

My lobelia plants have all sprouted and are about an inch tall, the Iceland poppies and pansy are doing well too but trailing behind the lobelia size wise(still no sign of lavender, but thats to be expected)

My biggest pride and joy so far is my scarlett runner bean, its gotten so big in such a small amount of time. Its already out grown its starting pot and is currently in the middle of a window box(although its not in a window) with a lobelia on either side of it. Its well over two feet tall with 8 or so leaves, only thing is its not really clinging to anything so well. It started growing up an old chopstick and I had to tie it to that, now that its grown over that ive had to tie it to a chord on the wall(one I'm hoping it will climb up). Any tips?

The chord goes all the way to the ceiling so I'm really hoping it takes to it, as its really the only thing in my dorm room to climb. Its next to a wooden wall so if there is anything I can attach to it for it to climb give me your suggestions.

*Edit* *After posting this I gave the scarlet runner a mist and the other pots some water and lo and behold, I find a single lavender sprout where there was none last , yay me, I didnt kill everything I tried to grow!

Hydroponics
Cool Member

Creating life is a good feeling! Wait until you get to see the end!

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”