Polistes

Grow lights

What is a good brand of grow light? I have a terrarium, and the plants are not growing very well, but they are still healthy looking. I have full spectrum lighting on the terrarium since it is inhabited by two anoles. I currently use a reptisun 10.0 and a vita-lite 5.0 and surprisingly the plants, though their foliage is good are not growing very fast. So I would like your input on a good light bulb to place on the cage to help the plants as well.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

You might check the Hydroponics forum. Or use the forum search function to find other threads about grow lights. I'm not sure that your reptiles would necessarily do well under lights designed to grow plants, but that's something you'll have to decide. I know a little about snakes, like how to give them injections when they're sick, but I don't know much about lizards. :lol:

Here's a link to a thread with a good discussion of grow lights. Maybe you'll find some useful information there. :)

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=158206&highlight=grow+lights#158206

Polistes

Of course I was planning on having both light types going over the same enclosure at once. I had just figured that a light that is good enough to keep lizards healthy would be good enough to keep plants healthy as well.

organo
Newly Registered

Add a T5 light system.

Typically the 2ft bulbs give off 2,000 lumens each, and the 4ft 5,000.

Get a 2 or 4 ft 2 bulb fixture and put a 3000k, and 6500k bulb in them.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”