I like plants

What is causing my Bamboo to have yellow leaves?

My Bamboo has yellow leaves. What is causing this?

I repoted it recently in a bigger pot and I water it about every 5 days and fertilize it every 2 weeks.

Here are some pictures of my Bamboo:

[img]https://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac69/Ilikeplants/IMG_2337.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac69/Ilikeplants/IMG_2338.jpg[/img]

microcollie
Green Thumb

Are you sure that's a bamboo? It looks like a dracaena to me (maybe d. reflexa?) If it's indeed a bamboo, it will need more water than if it's a dracaena. Look closely at the plants growth habits and pictures of both plants online to see what you have.
I would stop with the fertilizer until the plant makes a recovery. You don't need it to grow right now, just repair itself.
The leaf loss could be transplant shock. As with your other post, check thoroughly for pests. Lower light is almost always welcomed by a recently stressed plant.

I like plants

It is a Bamboo it's just that I put it in soil instead of water.

It is in the shade since a month because we installed a canopy over tha patio and there isn't much sunlight going thru this room because the canopy is blocking the sun light.

I guess I will water it a bit more.

microcollie
Green Thumb

I get it now...it's dracaena sanderiana. Still not really bamboo, but sold as "lucky bamboo".
This is a dracaena that doesn't mind wet feet (hence it's ability to live in a vase)
Keep it in indirect light and keep the soil on the moist side. Sometimes they go into pretty severe shock if they've been growing in water and then are switched to soil. The good thing is that they can come back from being almost completely defoliated.

I like plants

It's been growing in soil for years now. It doesn't have any sunlight because of our canopy outside :( . I will try to find a sunnier spot for it.

Plumerian2
Newly Registered

Hi I like plants,

I recommend giving your plant some Epsom Salt, Magnesium Sulfate.

Dissolve 2 tablespoons of Epsom Salt in hot water. Let it cool off. Add it to your watering can and water your plant thoroughly.

In addition, you may also apply it as a foliar feed. Spray both sides of the leaves with the same solution you water your plant with.

Happy Growing,

Bob Walsh

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”