Lynne.M.
Newly Registered

Cyclamen

G,day all. I woke up this morning so took it as a good sign :lol: 8 months ago I was given a beautiful cyclamen in flower. About 4 months ago it lost its flowers and has not flowered since :( even through spring and we are now 1 month into the summer. It gets filtered light during the day and very late sun in the afternoon. Please help as I do love it. :cry:

vintagejuls
Green Thumb

Cyclamen love the cold. The one I have outside dies back during the heat of summer, starts to grow leaves during winter (even enjoying the cold southern california coastal evenings - sometimes getting into the low 40's) and then blooms through spring. Once summer hits though, it dies back.

Maybe this is why yours has died back. The 4 months of flowering you received is about right. You'll have to wait until next year now, most likely...

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I have a little patch of cyclamen outdoors that just popped up voluntarily about 4 years ago. I love them! They behave just as vintagejuls has described. :)

Lynne.M.
Newly Registered

Thanks Vintagejuls and Kisal. My cyclamen has decieded to flower again in the middle of summer. It did get some pods on it so I have collected the seeds and will plant them at the right time.

Lynn. :D

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”