smellykitty
Newly Registered

The Best Indoor Tomatoes??

I know I know, you think yours are the best :D

I don't know if I just need sleep, or if I over loaded myself on info, but I'm at loss which tomatoes are best for my indoor space

Sure I can see that cherry tomatoes are bite sized treats, but what I don't understand is how big the actual plant grows!! I'm looking for a tomato plant that won't grow past 24 inches. But yields lots, tasty and sweet. I've been looking at https://www.burpee.com for seeds.

my indoor garden just won't feel complete with tomatoes!

any suggestions?

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

There may be a cherry tomato variety that doesn't grow much taller than 2', but the ones I grew this summer became at least 6' tall and about 4' wide. They bore plenty of fruit, though, and are still bearing. :)

Hydrogardener
Cool Member

You might try tomato growers supply. They have a variety of dwarf plant seeds. The description will include the plant and fruit size. I have purchased from them, and the service is good. Good luck

JasonsIndoorGuide
Newly Registered

The best indoor tomatoes are both crack resistant and short growing. You may also want to choose a variety that finishes quickly.......it will save you a little money on your electric bill if you are using artificial lighting.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”