earth

"a0c8c" how are your portulaca doing?

Hi,
my portulaca has been growing fast since our last discussion where you all advised me to water it more regularly. The funny part is only the yellow flowers have increased in size while the other colors are still penny size bloom :-) Have you taken your plants indoor yet ? Here the temperatures at night have started falling (lower 50's) & the sun has nearly disappeared from my patio..only the wall of patio railing gets little sun and i try my best to help portulaca get some of it . The basket is soo huge that i just can't move it inside every night so i have started covering the plant with the help of broom & thick cloth at night (looks funny)
Hope our portulacas survive through winter :-)

[img]https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2616/4037695396_fabe40e5f9_m.jpg[/img]
(\___/)
( ='.'=)
(,,)_(,,)

a0c8c
Greener Thumb

Mine are still thriving, but it hasn't gotten that cold yet. Still in the high 80's to low 90's here, and only getting close to 50 at night. Everythign seems fine though, but next weekend we're supposed to hit the 30's at night so I might need to bring them in. The flowers still haven't incresed on mine, but with a couple dozen on each basket it still looks good. I'll post pictures tommorrow

[img]https://i37.tinypic.com/2ymatn8.jpg[/img]
Home Gardener from Austin, TX; by way of Iowa.

earth

they look good in the picture & even bigger in size :-)
I have lost all the sun in my patio...this weekend added a job for my husband... the apartment next to ours (which gets lovey morning sun) has been vacant since a month now & its stairs get lovely sun ( we r on 2nd floor).....i make sure he keeps it out in sun before leaving for office - i try to give it 2-3 hrs of sun :-) though i know this will not be possible for more than a week as my husband will refuse to do so :-D
(\___/)
( ='.'=)
(,,)_(,,)

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”