sha
Newly Registered

Pls Help--problems with indoor plants

I am having a few probs with 4 plants in the house,chilliy,dwarf jasmin,a miscalenous flower plant..probs is,tips of leaves are turning brown,usually starts at the back side of the leaf,on the miscalenous plant the brown spread to the buds and the fell off.On chilly it hasnt effected chillies yet only leaves and on jasmin the same only leaves at the mo.
I sprayed an anti fungal sparay a couple of days ago,I also sprayed it on the miscaleonus plant which is now a long dry stick,don't know if its dead.
What can I do?I have other plants in the house,also it happened to the dhalia leaves and the buds don't seem to be flowering....
pls help...
txs

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Hi and welcome to the forum! Hope you find us friendly and helpful. Since you were asking a lot of questions about your houseplants, I took the liberty of moving your post to the Container Gardening Forum, where a lot more people will see it who may be able to answer those questions and put a more specific title on it. For future reference, both of those are suggestions for how to get better responses -- put your questions in the appropriate forum and be sure to give them a good, specific title.

Growing plants indoors can be tricky and the secret is knowing what each individual plant needs. The chili pepper is a full sun plant and needs supplemental light, light from a window won't be enough for it.

I'm not a dahlia grower, but I never heard of anyone trying to grow dahlia through the winter. It is my understanding that they go dormant and need a rest period. People generally dig their dahlia tubers and just store them through the winter. Even ones that are grown in containers aren't grown through the winter.

Your " miscellaneous plant" may be a goner, but since this is so you can check by breaking your long, dry stick. If it is just dry and brown all the way through, it's dead. If it is still flexible and green inside, you may be able to try to save it.

Brown leaf tips on indoor plants sometimes has to do with chlorinated water. You can help with this by setting a container of tap water aside for 24 hrs or so; the chlorine will evaporate out of it. Another thing that can cause this is inconsistent watering, letting the plants dry out too much between waterings.

But if you tell us more about the conditions, how much light are they getting (AM? afternoon?), how much / how often watered, what kind of soil are they in, etc we may be able to give you better help.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”