starflare
Cool Member

Areo grow garden

does anyone know about it and if it works because I am hoping to get one as a gift.

GardenerGirl

I have two of them, and my review is overall positive. I like it a lot for herbs, though my success with cherry tomatoes was a lot more limited. With herbs, you start getting a harvest in 4-5 weeks, and keep getting a harvest for a few months after that. I'm going to try lettuce this fall/winter in one of them.

Every time I've grown herbs (I think it's been three crops now), I've been really happy with it, and gotten a ton of use out of them. It's easier and cheaper to grow in-ground or in outdoor containers, so I definitely pack it away for the summer. The flavor of the herbs isn't as good as outdoor garden herbs, but it's better than the fresh herbs you buy at the grocery store, and much better than dried.

I'll note also that every time I've grown herbs, they've ended up dying when the roots got so tangled they blocked the filter and prevented water uptake for a day or two. The plants cannot recover from that, in my experience.

starflare
Cool Member

ok thanks

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”