Sirix
Newly Registered

Controlling an Aloe

Hi there

I'm new here and relatively new to trying to keep plants alive and make them grow!

I have a question about my Aloe. It is currently kind of unattractively spreading out and I fear it will soon become too heavy on a side and won't be able to stand up anymore.

Can I control how my Aloe grows? Can I tie it up loosely with some twine or something to encourage it to grow more bunched together and upwards rather than to the side?

bonsaiboy
Greener Thumb

You could do that or even prune it. Most growth tequnecs used on other plants to control growth can be used on aloe.
הדמיון הוא יותר חשוב מאשר ידע

Nick L.

In case you get baby plants, you can put them in small pots and give them away. Thats what my science teacher does.

Diane
Green Thumb

I had a large Aloe plant that got so large it one day fell over, pot and all. Fortunately it had given me 4 babies before this happened.
I filed a plastic bottle with water and stuck it behind the plant. I put sticks in it trying to balance it. I pruned it but it's hard to prune and have it still look good. What I should have done was get a much larger pot and something to help hold it up. What I don't know. They bruise so easily.
Gardens are a little bit of heaven on earth.

https://s600.photobucket.com/albums/tt87 ... G00047.jpg

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”