wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Pot tree ?

Somewhere in this mess I have instructions to make a "Pot Tree". No not a tree made of you-know-what, but a three-level tree made from clay pots of decreasing sizes. I remember everything but the important part--what is the center support made of and the design thereof. Can somebody rummage through their slightly more organised stuff and post directions?
Tanks.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

wingdesigner,

I have never heard of this system before and some Googling did not turn up much. How about a central rod of suitably sized round steel stock. After the first pot is placed over the rod cut a length of pipe (PVC?) that goes over the round stock and supports the second pot, continue as required. If the outer sleeve is not large enough to hold the pots up perhaps some sort of 'washer' could be used.

Don't you have any concerns about impeding drainage with an arrangement like this? If you use plastic pots you could always drill more drainage holes.

Norm

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

No, drainage wasn't an issue. I can see them in a picture from somewhere, sitting pretty, one atop the other, overflowing with impatiens and other stuff, I just can't remember how. Aack! Maybe it was some gadget in a catalogue. At least I've got a few months to go nuts before I can plant, anyway. Thanks for looking! I'm pretty sure they weren't just sitting on dirt, like a strawberry bed...maybe :?

Christine1950

I hope this is what your looking for
https://www.diylife.com/2008/06/16/tipsy-flower-pot-tower-for-your-yard/
Christine

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”