Garden Girl Jo

Cherry tree - Need tips/photos

(I posted this under trees and shrubs and this saw this forum for fruit)

My husband just bought me a cherry tree. It is an adorable little thing. I have been wanting a fruit tree for a long time and this is the first one!
It is a 'montmorency' prunus cerasus

It seems to be doing well so far. As I am new to fruit bearing trees if anyone has any advice/tips/general info they'd like to share on cherry trees I'd be glad to hear it. I'd also be glad to see any photos anyone wants to share of mature cherry trees!
Thanks! :)

doccat5
Green Thumb

You are going to need another one, they are not self pollinators, if you want fruit. They are lovely trees and fairly easy to care for. You also might want to invest in some bird netting so you can get some of the fruit for yourself. :)

Garden Girl Jo

doccat5 wrote:You are going to need another one, they are not self pollinators, if you want fruit. They are lovely trees and fairly easy to care for. You also might want to invest in some bird netting so you can get some of the fruit for yourself. :)
Have you had this variety? Everything I've pulled up on the internet says this variety IS self fruiting and that two trees are not necessary for fruit.
I'm a little confused.

:( Thanks.

Return to “All Other Fruit”