muddifingers
Newly Registered

Thanks for all the help. It seems like the goo is now gone. We've had a wet spring and summer here so maybe it was a result from that. We do have brown rot and mummy peaches. We just try to get them off the tree and ground as soon as possible and get them out in the garbage instead of the compost pile. Thanks for the soapy solution idea. I'll try that come next spring. We bought this house a couple of years ago and it has many fruit trees from peaches, to apples, to pears, figs and paw
paws even. We don't have much experience with gardening and with all the "problems" that come with growing our own fruit and vegetables. And just to increase our difficulty I'm trying to stay organic.

mattperry8503
Newly Registered

:D okay hello this is to Jenny c I looked up things and on my peach tree the young peaches are doing the very same thing think this is caused by a moth it's called oriental fruit moth they recommend using permethrine spray which is all natural perethrine is made from mums which is a flower try this on spraying them once every two weeks while in fruit till fruit is ripe and yes pick all infected peaches up throw them in a trash bag and give to your garbage man hope this helps in three years I have gotten one peach but it was great and the very best I have eaten

JONA
Greener Thumb

If it is oriental Moth then it can be monitored by a pheromone trap rather like you would with Codling Moth on apples.. This would give you an exact timing as to when to spray. Good control in April to late May is usually sufficiant.
If you do need to spray, try to use something that will only harm the target...not the 'goodies' in the garden. For instance Bt which only effects caterpillars,grubs/worms.

Return to “All Other Fruit”