Kittyfang
Newly Registered

Rasberry plant nearly cut to the ground

Recently, I purchased a very young raspberry plant. I first put it in my garden, but it didn't seem to like the soil, so I transplanted it in a container.

My dog, then decided to chew it, and the top half disappeared. I was left with a stick. So, I left it outside, in the sun, gave it water and crossed my fingers. Well, some buds made leaves and the plant was starting to look better.

But, my dog struck again! She chewed the top half again, but this time, I found it, laying in the container. I left the actual plant in the container, there is one unopened bud, and I'm hoping it will make some leaves.

But... here is my question! I took the top half (the one I found in the container, the one with a little bit of leaves) and placed it in some water. It seem to invigorate the leaves and they perked right back up... But what now? Can I make this tiny branch grow some roots? If so, how?

Any help would be more than welcomed.

Kitty

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Well, there should be auxins and giberellins (rooting horemones) in the soil but, you can buy rooot stimulating hormones as well. Try that.

Good luck!

Kittyfang
Newly Registered

Is it possible to make it root just by placing it in the water?

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

It's possible but, you would vastly increase your chances if you used some rooting horemone.

Return to “All Other Fruit”