Justin1833
Newly Registered

HELP raspberry leaves turn brown around edges, curl up & di

This started in mid June. Last years canes had their leaves turn brown on the edges then curling upward. The brown color moves in to the middle of the leaf and it dies along with the cane shortly after. After a very small harvest (10 berries per plant) All of last years canes have died and I cut them at ground level. This years growth has started and is turning the same color w/ curl. The new canes have stunted in growth. I know 2nd year canes die all the time but it concerns me that my new canes have the same issue that the ones that just died had. Thank you for any help on what it is that is causing this and how I can fix it.

Here is the info I know: Location is Topeka, KS zone 6a. Recent temps have been above 95 degrees. I water every 3 days with roughly 3/4 gallon per plant. Raised bed garden 12" tall. The soil is a compost / bagged garden soil mix. Full sun location.
Soil -pH 7 Phosphorous P2 adequate, Potash K2 adequate, Nitrogen N1 deficient .

Any help or advice on what this is or especially how to fix it would be greatly apreciated.

Thank you
Attachments
20180721_125118[1].jpg
20180721_125107[1].jpg
20180721_125054[1].jpg

JONA
Greener Thumb

If there’s one thing raspberries must have it’s plenty of water.
They will not tolerate their roots being waterlogged ...but at the same time they need constant watering.
Raised beds will make the problem worse in that they drain so quickly...although they are the perfect raspberry growing system.
Your canes show typical water loss symptoms. It would be better if you watered everyday in hot weather. Either late evening or early morning.
Raspberry roots are so shallow that they come under water stress very rapidly.

Return to “All Other Fruit”