Thor
Newly Registered

Need some hints with my mandarin plants

Hello, I'm new here on the forum, and I'm posting this looking for tip, trike and hints regarding my mandarin plants.

If you see the picture I attached to the post. Here is the info regarding it.
The 1 mandarin plant with lots of leaves and 1 other are about 2-3 years old and the others are about a year old, and well here is the issue I need help with.

For some reason they have stopped growing. Just father this year's snow melted away outside some of the plants grew a few cms, but father that nothing more. In the two years I have been growing these the older ones has been reported 3 times where I changed pots or soil they where in cause of moss or to dry soil, the other younger ones has only been replanted 1 or 2 times.

I water them about 1-2 times a week some times I water them once a week, I check the soil always before deciding to water or not, I keep them in a window that is slightly open and what tells me if I need to water them or not is I take my finger and dig a little into the soil and see if it's dry or not, if dry I water. At times the soil is wet for longer then a week so when it is I wait a day or two and check again.

The only thing I think I must do is to get bigger pots or better soil, but I wanted to see what peopke on different forums had to saybefore I did anything.

Also the time I planted these.
The two oldest where planted sometime around the end of December 2015 and mid January 2016 and the others where planted around April 2017.

Almost forgot to mention that the one with lots of leaves has gotten thicker and bark like. It has also survived 3 cat attacks where it once had had all it's leave eaten by my cat wich happens during summer last year, before I threw it thinking it had died I let it stay and a few days. Then labout a week later leaves started to grow.
Attachments
15288678457991011039669.jpg

Return to “All Other Fruit”