George1963
Newly Registered

Fruit Tree Help

Fruit Tree Help Please.

Hello to all and thank you for reading my post.

I only just found this site and plan to do a lot of exploring the next couple of weeks. I have what looks like an urgent problem with my fruit trees. I don't know if I have a disease, insect, or fertilizer problem. Pleas advise.
Attachments
IMG_7976.jpg
IMG_7976.jpg (38.29 KiB) Viewed 3581 times
IMG_7975.jpg
IMG_7975.jpg (38.94 KiB) Viewed 3581 times
IMG_7974.jpg
IMG_7974.jpg (49.98 KiB) Viewed 3581 times

applestar
Mod

It would be helpful to describe more details so people would recognize what they are seeing and what they know — I’m pretty sure we’re looking at citrus trees, but you didn’t indicate where you are located or what season you are headed into. What have you been doing for these trees so far?

George1963
Newly Registered

applestar wrote:It would be helpful to describe more details so people would recognize what they are seeing and what they know — I’m pretty sure we’re looking at citrus trees, but you didn’t indicate where you are located or what season you are headed into. What have you been doing for these trees so far?
Sorry about the missing details. I was in a hurry yesterday.

I live in South Florida.

The pictures are of my Honey Bell ( Orange tree). I have some other varietis of oranges and lime trees that look very similar.

All I have done is is water the trees and every few months use the fertilizer spikes for fruit trees.The honey bell is planted in the same soil as my guava tree and the leaves look great on that tree. I was thinking from the looks of the leaves that it was a nutrient problem.

When I was a kid growing up we never did anything to our fruit trees and they all turned out great.

Thanks for any advice.

JONA
Greener Thumb

Hi George,
There are quite a few reasons for yellowing of leaves on citrus, these being...
Yellow leaves all over is mainly caused by a Nitrogen deficiency.
Yellow leaves with green veins can mean iron or magnesium deficiency.
But....these symptoms can also be easily caused by over or under watering.
If you are happy that the watering is ok then ..
Nitrogen can be quickly topped up by urea sprays...but on citrus you need a good wetter as the leaves are so difficult to get water to stick. Mulch and apply a high nitrogen fertiliser.
Magnesium can be quickly applied with sprays of magnesium sulphate ( Epsom salts).
Iron deficiency can be remedied by applications of Chelated iron. A spring watering is usually enough to keep levels up.
Hope that helps.

fromlawntofood
Newly Registered

Did you see any improvements in your trees yet? Last year, our new apple tree was hit badly by cedar rust. I thought it was dead, and that I'll have to plant some rust resistant trees this upcoming year. However, after the last of the foliage fell, it grew more leaves, then thrived to my surprise. I don't have much faith though, because it'll likely be hit just as hard every year :( hopefully your citrus trees bounce back quickly!

George1963
Newly Registered

Thank you for the replies.

I had posted the original post right before I went on Winter break on my school computer.I am back from break and read the replies. I will give the nitrogen a try and let you know. I have some urea pellets that I use in Tie-dye can I use that? I will research I will research these possible solutions.

Thanks again and Happy New Year.

Return to “All Other Fruit”