Candace
Newly Registered

Anyone know if this is kiwi?

:D I live in Vancouver island. This a from last summer.
Attachments
IMG_9874.PNG

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

sure looks like it at first glance. a close-up would help (I know, it's an old picture)

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Hi Candace,
I live close to Vancouver myself and I know that it's not that often that you'd find a thriving kiwi vine here! But it could be. I feel like the leaves in the picture are smooth and thin. But I believe that kiwi vines normally have thick(ish) and fuzzy leaves.

I agree with !potatoes! ; send us a close us please!

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

Looks to me like a blackberry swallowing a redbud. Maybe even some poison ivy thrown it at the base. If you have photos of flowers or fruits that would help. Close up pictures of leaves alone would also be a huge help.

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

AnnaIkona wrote: But I believe that kiwi vines normally have thick(ish) and fuzzy leaves.
fuzzy kiwis (A. deliciosa) do. the smaller-fruited species (A. arguta, A. kolomikta, etc) have smoother stems and leaves.

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

!potatoes! wrote:
AnnaIkona wrote: But I believe that kiwi vines normally have thick(ish) and fuzzy leaves.
fuzzy kiwis (A. deliciosa) do. the smaller-fruited species (A. arguta, A. kolomikta, etc) have smoother stems and leaves.
Good to know! Thank you !potatoes! I guess the vine my friend has is the deliciosa.

Return to “All Other Fruit”