roxifoxi
Newly Registered

Please help me with my pineapple plant.

About a year ago, I planted two pineapple tops. The one top is growing well, however my second pineapple top has produced pineapple plant babies (not too sure what the correct term is). Is there a way how to remove these and to replant them?
Attachments
IMG_1069.jpg

applestar
Mod

I've always let them grow for another season, mounding up with a bit more mulchy soil. The mother plant may or may not die (dies off from the middle). By mid to late summer, the pups will have some roots and will be sturdy enough to cut off from the mother plant or separate into individuals from the softened died-off trunk.

imafan26
Mod

The pups come out just before the pineapple is ready to bloom. Your plant is very small, and pineapples take about 18 months to bloom. You probably won't get a pineapple, but it could be sending out pups because it is stressed or the base is rotting. Water and fertilize bromeliads in their cups. You can remove the pups when they are bigger. Bromeliads don't really need soil but if they are planted, they do need for the tops to be upright to catch and hold water and the soil must be well drained.

Return to “All Other Fruit”