Courtney
Newly Registered

I think my passion fruit vine is dead?! Please help!

So I got this vine for my birthday September 2015 and it was doing pretty well up until the last 4 months or so and its died really rapidly! The only thing I started doing different was fertilizing and I was using seasol but only every few weeks. Anyway so a few months ago the leaves started turning yellow and dropping off. At Christmas I bought a bag of soil with blood and bone to help it along so I mixed all that through the dirt hoping it would help but the vine continued to drop its leaves until there was none left. The bare vine then started turning brown and some parts went soft and was clearly dead so I cut it back to where there was still green. I see 2 new shoots I think but I'm scared the brown is going to reach the new shoots too and just continue to travel all through whats left of the green parts. Is there a chance it will still come back or is it too late? and have I done the right thing by cutting of all the brown/dead bits?
Attachments
Another new shoot
Another new shoot
New shoot on the part that's still semi green
New shoot on the part that's still semi green
The dead stem ive just cut off
The dead stem ive just cut off
My vine now after cutting all the brown stems off
My vine now after cutting all the brown stems off
My tree 4 months ago when it was starting to yellow
My tree 4 months ago when it was starting to yellow

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Passiflora is a tender annual. I would expect it to have died back to the ground at first frost. If you live north of the mason-dixon line, that die back could be permanent.

imafan26
Mod

If you got any fruit and the seeds fell, it may be back when the weather is right. Passion fruit are seasonal and wild in the mountains. They just come and start climbing fences and trees.

Return to “All Other Fruit”