cooledwhip

Need help growing coffee plants from cuttings

I have had about 9 coffee stems for almost 5 months and only two of them have grown healthy and strong. The other ones have not grown the best. (But then again I had not taken good care of them). I am trying to grow them in pots indoors. I just can't grow them though. Can anyone give me some tips? I will upload a picture of my current setup. I just transfered them inside recently like a couple days ago.

They are all about 8 inches with some miracle grow organic soil, a small sprinkle of peat moss and perlite. I'm not sure if the soil is too damp or if it is not humid or too humid or what. They used to be wrapped in plastic bags, (the individual plastic pots) But I just transfered them to a plastic container to let them drain. I have no idea what I'm doing with coffee. Can I please have some help?

cooledwhip

I don't know if I should plant multiple stems in a single pot. I'm scared one will overtake the other and kill it or something. I just simply can't provide 8 pots for each of the 8 stems.

cooledwhip

I have about 10 stems and I don't have a clue on how to plant them. I put them in regular potting soil (miracle grow organic choice) with some peat moss, and some perlite but they just don't grow. Are they too wet? Too dry? Not humid enough? Too much light? I'm very new here. Please help me. I can't get massive pots for each stem because I have like 10. Should I put multiple stems in a single pot? Thanks

applestar
Mod

Hmm. I have grown coffee from seeds but not from cuttings. I was going to try that this summer, but never got around to it. I may still try before its too late. But for the moment, I don't have specific answers.

Please confirm that you are trying to grow these coffee plants from stem/branch cuttings. What part of the stems did you cut them from? Indicate where you live and what kind of season/temperatures you are working with. If indoors, what kind of set up. Pictures would help a lot.

Were you the one that asked about propagating citrus from cuttings? If so same immediate issue would be "regular potting soil" -- half and half mix with perlite or coarse sand is necessary to root cuttings of woody/bushy plants.

Return to “All Other Fruit”