serrife
Newly Registered

Our citrus tree is dying, please help

Hi All,

We live in Houston,TX and have a citrus tree in our backyard. A few months ago, leaves started to get yellow and fall off. We got a lot of rain this year. Some part of the city was flooded for almost a month. Then we found out that 2 sprinkles close to the tree was leaking and fixed those. So we are thinking it is due to overwatering. However, the tree is not getting any better even though we don't get much rain now. Is there anything we can do to save the tree? We appreciate any advise.
I attached the pictures of the tree. The pictures are from last week. It looks worse now.

Thank you
Attachments
tree_5.JPG
tree_4.JPG
tree_3.JPG
tree_2.JPG
tree_1.JPG

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Has there been any new growth? New leaves, new stems, new buds? New flowers?

Water the tree with some epsom salts diluted in water. Always seams to do the trick.

A close up of the leaves would also be helpful.

serrife
Newly Registered

Thank you AnnaIkona. There is no new growth at all. I will try the epsom salt. I hope it works. I capture some close up pictures of the leaves yesterday.
Attachments
5.JPG
4.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

imafan26
Mod

If it was flooded the roots may have been damaged. Depending on how much damage was done, the tree may or may not recover. Losing leaves and losing fruit would be the result if the root system cannot support the canopy.

serrife
Newly Registered

I gave some epsom salt hopefully it will help. Would removing the dry branches help?

imafan26
Mod

You can remove any dead branches. It would also help to remove the fruit since the tree will have a hard time trying to support them. The fruit will not be very good anyway when the tree is in distress.

Return to “All Other Fruit”