Angeladulmer
Newly Registered

Meyer Lemon tree trouble

My Meyer Lemon tree leaves look bad. I have been researching and reading and it appears it may possibly have a manganese deficiency. Anybody els2 have any ideas?
Attachments
1464561865386-321363369.jpg

imafan26
Mod

Why are they so dark? How much light does the tree get?

Angeladulmer
Newly Registered

In the winter I bring it inside. It is always in a window. It is on the back deck now. The tree is 13 years old and I've never had any trouble before.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

13 years in the same pot? Have you refreshed the potting soil? Looks like a little pot but sometimes pictures can be deceiving.

Angeladulmer
Newly Registered

Joy,
No, I have not repotted it. I bought this little thing as a twig from mail order. It produces lemons for me. I love it. It has new growth...so I will try the repotting thing. Didn't even consider that. :) Thanks for replying!
Angela

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

You got me thinking. I thought that I could not have a citrus tree in my climate zone. But if you can have a Meyer Lemon tree in Arkansas, perhaps I can have one here. I am going to look into it. I love lemons but they are too acidic for me, so I only buy Meyer Lemons, when they are available. I squeezed a batch of them for the juice to keep in my freezer because the Meyers aren't always available, and when they are, they go fast.

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

You are lucky that the leaves are evenly dark, because if they had small dark spots on them, this could be a bacterial or fungal infection.
I agree with the previous response, the tree might need it's soil to be changed. This isn't urgent, as the problem is not very serious.

Another reason that lemon tree leaves may be so dark is beacuse it is not getting enough magnesium. Look for fertilizer that has magnesium and fertilize with it once in a while, just to upkeep the lemon tree's well being :)

Good luck!

Angeladulmer
Newly Registered

Thanks everyone! I love this tree so much! The lemons it produces are always huge and juicy!

Angeladulmer
Newly Registered

One of the lemons from last year.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1464645290120.jpg

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Fresh potting soil should have magnesium already in it. So I think it would be best to wait and see how your little tree responds to the new soil before giving it added nutrients. Best to not over fertilize.

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

BirdLover wrote:Fresh potting soil should have magnesium already in it. So I think it would be best to wait and see how your little tree responds to the new soil before giving it added nutrients. Best to not over fertilize.
Of course

Angeladulmer
Newly Registered

Thanks again!

Return to “All Other Fruit”