Wiskey
Newly Registered

Help with a citrus tree that is dying fast (with pics)

Hello all!

About 4 weeks ago my little Dwarf Mandarin tree that I've had for about 3 years took a sudden turn for the worse, before this it was flowering and even preparing to fruit!

The first thing that happened was all the little fruit buds died, followed quickly by all the new growth going brown, and now old leaves are turning yellow and dying too. About half the leaves on the tree have died in under 2 weeks, and the new branches are also dying.

The only change in the last month was about 2 weeks ago I used a fruit fertaliser spike, I've used the same ones before with great results so I don't suspect that is the cause. I live in San Diego, and the weather here has been nice.

Here are some pics of some of the dying leaves:
ImageIMG_1292 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1290 (1) by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1288 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1285 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

Do you have any clue what I might be dealing with here and how to fix it?

Thank you for any help you can offer!
Whiskey

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

I think I've heard of this before. The brown spots appear after a very wet spring. Has yout spring been rainy and wet so far?
Although citrus trees love water, sometimes in different situations water isn't that healthy for them

Wiskey
Newly Registered

It has not been particularly wet, but I do spray down the leaves of the tree with the hose about once a week or so to get any dirt off and I'm told it helps knock bugs off too.

Are you thinking some kind of fungus?

Thank you for chiming in!
Whiskey

Return to “All Other Fruit”