TreeSpirit28

What should I use to feed my Fruits in my garden?

I will be feeding my garden for the first time and I want to make sure I will be doing it correctly. I have 2 strawberries, 1 raspberry and 8 tomatoes 3 different types. I would like to stick with all natural products. I don't want to use anything with chemicals etc... My compost will not be ready in time. I was told that about a month or so after transplanting they will need to be fed.

Can I feed all my plants with the same food or do I have to feed them differently due to what type of fruit they are?

Which is better a powder form or a liquid form? Is there a difference?

JONA
Greener Thumb

A lot will depend TreeSpirit on the state of your soil to start with.
If you have a good quality soil in your garden already then it will not be so desperate for you to feed your fruiting plants.
However, that said, as plants come up to fruiting it pays to make sure that they have all they need in nutrients and trace elements.
As to natural products.....everything breaks down in the end to chemicals....whether organic or rare bare 'neat ' chemical.
As your plants approach fruiting their requirements climb for potash and magnesium traces, nitrogen is needed too, but not too much, as it can interfere with the setting fruit and cause the plant to grow too strongly at this vital stage.
So the feeding must be carefully done.
I prefer liquid feeds as you have a much better control at this point.
This is where a formulation of Tomatoe feed etc is so good but you will have to check how 'Organic ' this may be.
However.
A dose of Mag. Sulphate ( Epsom Salts) will keep the Mag levels up and something like liquid Sea Weed will give a good organic dose of most other requirements.

TreeSpirit28

Thank you again John for your help. I appreciate it.

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Manure is good food for fruit :D it is very cheep (if not free) and contains no chemicals. You can buy a bag of composted (not smelly) mushroom or cow manure at a local gardening store for about $6 for 10 gallons.
Just mix the manure in with our regular soil and your plants are fed!! :-()

imafan26
Mod

You can make manure tea or use fish emulsion as a supplement.

I feed tomatoes when the flowers appear and then when the first fruits appear and monthly thereafter, but I use a synthetic fertilizer. For organic, you will need to supplement weekly.

Fish emulsion and manure are complete fertilizers. They should be good for all the crops. The numbers are low so they are hard to overdose, as long as they are diluted properly.

TreeSpirit28

I appreciate the advice thanks again everyone

Return to “All Other Fruit”