interpippo
Newly Registered

pruning olive tree

Good evening, some of you can tell me when and how to do the pruning of the olive tree?
thank you

O:)

applestar
Mod

I was hoping someone would answer. Do you have more than one? Are they big trees?

In my deep freeze winter area, I couldn't grow olive except in containers, but it's been lower on my Wishlist compared to other fruiting trees, so I keep looking at them but not actually buying.

What kind of olive is yours?

JONA
Greener Thumb

I'm afraid that like Applestar I would prefer this to be answered by someone who has more experience of olive.
I have only ever worked on large potted trees....however... I believe the general principle is to keep the tree open in its appearance. Removing crossing branches as you would on any fruit tree.
In general though, if it looks right...it is right.
Just make sure light can reach all parts of the tree to ensure good bud production and maintain a good shape.

interpippo
Newly Registered

thank you so much.Interpippo

interpippo
Newly Registered

applestar wrote:I was hoping someone would answer. Do you have more than one? Are they big trees?

In my deep freeze winter area, I couldn't grow olive except in containers, but it's been lower on my Wishlist compared to other fruiting trees, so I keep looking at them but not actually buying.

What kind of olive is yours?
Thanks for your answer.
My plants are 1.5 meters tall trees and green olives.
I do not know the quality.

Return to “All Other Fruit”