hashemn
Newly Registered

Best brand seed for 'physalis peruviana'

Hi. Which company is manufacturing the best brand seed for 'physalis peruviana' (ground cherry) in the world ?
(In terms of yields per hectare and taste better).

Thanks..

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

well, first, 'manufacturing' probably isn't the right word. grow? package? but I know what you mean.

I've tried seed from a good half-dozen or so places/companies and never noticed any difference in the plants. I don't know that there are established 'varieties' of P. peruviana, with significant differences in yield, taste, etc. I haven't been able to see any differences in my location, anyway.

similarly, there are several named varieties of P. pruinosa/pumila, and I've grown a number of them as well - no noticeable difference there, either. there really doesn't seem to be much variation within these species, from what I've seen.

maybe a more in-depth search than I've done would turn something up, but it would take getting as much different seed as possible and doing a lot of trialing.

my 2 cents

hashemn
Newly Registered

Tanks a lot.. Tell me some brands name that you used already for 'physalis peruviana', please.

<<well, first, 'manufacturing' probably isn't the right word. grow? package? but I know what you mean.>>
yes. Excuse me. My english is not good.
Last edited by hashemn on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “All Other Fruit”