gld017
Newly Registered

Brown Leaves On Blueberry

Can someone venture a guess at what could be wrong? They've plenty of water and sun so I'm guessing it's a nutrient/mineral that's lacking. Thanks O:)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

JONA
Greener Thumb

I'm a little worried for your plant gld.
You seem to be doing the right things to eliminate the possibility of scorch caused by water deprivation.
There is a disease of blueberries called bacterial leaf scorch. It can and is a big problem for growers.
There is no cure and growers are advised to grub infected plants as it is contageous to further plantings.
Some varieties are more susceptible than others.....its worth checking on yours if you can.
Sorry I can't be more specific....and I hope I'm wrong...but please be careful and try and get it checked by a local grower who knows his stuff if you can.

gld017
Newly Registered

Oh wow that looks bad John... I'll take off the bad leaves and see what happens. I had no idea that disease existed. Thanks.

gld017
Newly Registered

Also, I just checked the bottom of their pots. It rained here a week ago and the soil is still wet, so I'll work on improving drainage. Hopefully that's the problem :cry:

Francesco Delvillani

It could have been heat-damage....but I would not be too worried, now they will lose the leaves and in spring will sprout without any problem :)

gld017
Newly Registered

Francesco: hopefully! The leaves have been this way for a while now and it has spread a little bit, but the branches it grew this year are mostly unaffected. It's definitely good to know about bacterial scorch, though.

Return to “All Other Fruit”