NatalieW
Newly Registered

Help! Dying Dwarf Mango Tree

We bought this mango tree 2 months ago. The leaves started doing this about a month ago. It is getting full sun, we have not used any fertilizer that may cause burns! Please help!
Attachments
image.jpg

CharlieBear
Green Thumb

Did you plant it in the ground or is it still in the container? Has it been unseasonably hot or cold where you are? Have you been watering it regularly so that it doesn't dry out completely, but isn't sitting in muck either? Assuming I am talking to someone in the northern hemisphere is it on the south side of a structure or in a place with no morning sun and scalding afternoon sun, reflected off say light colored brick. If it is one of the above, then it is having a hard time because of where it is, try giving it more water. Generally fruiting trees require at least 5 gallons of water a week, more in extreme heat. If the above doesn't ring true for your situation, I would contact the place you bought it and see what their replacement etc. policies are. If you bought it straight from a nursery that started it, they may have additional advise on what to do. I wish you have asked a month ago when it first started. In many places are in drought and too hot this year, causing many plants to show sunburning, sometimes to the demise of the plant. The best way around it are plenty of water and if it is in a really hot place rigging up some kind of late afternoon shade help.

Delvi83

Are the new leaves sane? It seems to be attacked by some fungus..

Return to “All Other Fruit”