Texastarter95
Newly Registered

Really need advice for my lime tree's

I have planted my 2 lime trees in a certain spot for about 5 years and now I have neighbors who just moved in last year and I noticed that my lime tree has been losing limes so I need to know if I can move them to my backyard so I can make sure they are safe. I have a certain spot I would like to move them to but I'm afraid If I dig them up they could die. I heard as long as I don't hurt the roots as I dig them up I should be fine but I need to know if it will work. And if I do move them to a new spot what do I need to use for my lime trees so they can get their strength back so they wont die. (also my lime trees have already started to flower about 3-4 weeks ago)
I'm only 19 and I love my lime trees

imafan26
Mod

How big are the trees? If they are small, you need to get as much of the root ball you can. Make sure the spot you are moving to, is not near a foundation or near underground utilities. The roots will spread beyond the canopy.

Ideally, it would have been better to move them before the new leaves came out. Citrus trees hate to be pruned.

Texastarter95
Newly Registered

The trees are about 5-6 feet. I just really want to move them because when I checked the trees yesterday my neighbor asked are they ready because they take them like aholes. I'm really thinking about doing it this weekend to move them. I think as long as I move the plants in about 1 minute once I dig them out they should be fine but I just need to make sure they could survive. I will water them as soon as I plant them in the backyard.

imafan26
Mod

Prepare the hole first so when you move the trees, you can just slide them in. Ball and burlap the rootball and try to get some help to muscle them in. They make hand trucks for moving plants, see if you can rent one, it will make it easier on your back.

Return to “All Other Fruit”