Green Thumb

What is this peach?

The peach's outside
The peach's outside
image.jpg (28.84 KiB) Viewed 764 times
The pretty green insides
The pretty green insides
image.jpg (25.16 KiB) Viewed 764 times
It has green insides. Very crunchy, so not Siberian C. I planted this from a white peach.

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

very crunchy/green insides sounds kinda unripe. if you're saying it's fruit from a tree from seed you planted, it's a new variety, as yet unnamed.

applestar
Mod

Peaches like many tree fruits, will come off the branch when slightly lifted when they are ready to be harvested -- they will still be hard to the touch. Then I leave them single layer in a basket on the kitchen counter until the surface "give" ever so slightly when held -- THEN they are declared "ready to eat" :D

When they start *looking* like they are almost ready to harvest, it's a race against squirrels, chipmunks, and even groundHOGS :x ...so I used hanging (bird) scares and lengths of old garden hose, toy plastic snakes -- even recruited toy dinosaurs -- and arranged them in strategic perches on the garden fence and on the branches -- then gently held and lifted every day until they came off the branch.

(I DO have a very small young semi-dwarf plant that is only 6 feet tall -- your mileage may vary :wink: )

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

I planted it from seed, and yes I did test for ripeness. I guess it's a new variety. :D if it is, I'll need help naming it........... :lol:

A Happy Seedling
Green Thumb

Try Green Delight.

Return to “All Other Fruit”