Momma23peas
Newly Registered

Help me save my peach tree!!

Hello! I'm hoping to get some advice on how to save my peach tree. We have had it for 4 years and it has always done beautifully. Gorgeous tree with amazing growth. We've never done anything to it besides watering it the first spring and summer. It fruited the third summer and again this last summer. But this time, as soon as it started dropping fruit, the leaves started dropping off as well. It is currently almost bare except for the uppermost branches. A few twigs at the bottom are actually already brittle. I read that we should have fertilized it in the spring, but I also read that I can't fertilize it now because it will cause it to have new growth right about the time it starts to frost. What can I do for it? TIA!!

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Greetings, Pictures! Are the leaves falling from the bottom of the tree, from the top or evenly all over the tree? Hope to hear from you.

Richard

Momma23peas
Newly Registered

I will take pictures tomorrow to post. The leaves are falling from all the branches but mostly the lower ones. It is fullest at the top of the tree but still nowhere near as full as it was. It provides no shade anymore and it was a good shade tree this spring.
There are leaves left on the very ends of most branches, but the rest of the branch is bare. Thanks for your help!

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Hi, Glad you answered. Your description, leaves falling from the lower branches, has me thinking about root damage or insufficient water.
We are lucky to have people here that have orchards, when they have a look at the pictures you post they may be able to prescribe a cure.
It's good you posted.

Richard

Return to “All Other Fruit”